activation problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using beta 2.0 in a trial status and am now trying to activate it.  When I get to the page that asks for my credit card information I type it in, it is automatically removed, red letters come up like I haven't typed it in at all and I cannot proceed to the next page.  Please tell me what to do I seemed to be locked into some kind of bit bucket cycle.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:06 PM

Answers

• The One Care 2.0 beta is not available for purchase at this time. Please do not activate.
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:17 PM

All replies

• The One Care 2.0 beta is not available for purchase at this time. Please do not activate.
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:17 PM
  • I have the same problem activating Windows Live OneCare: it won't accept my credit card info.  If I can't pay via credit card, what do I do after the remaining 87 days of my trial subscription expire?

Friday, August 24, 2007 2:52 PM
  •  qwertya wrote:

I have the same problem activating Windows Live OneCare: it won't accept my credit card info.  If I can't pay via credit card, what do I do after the remaining 87 days of my trial subscription expire?

No, you've got a different issue. You are using the 1.6 released version, not the beta, but you've posted to a discussion for the 2.0 beta.

In any event, for 1.6, many people have reported that the credit card form does not like any characters other than letters and numbers. So, if you have entered dashes or other punctuation in any of the boxes on the credit card form, try again without them. The phone number should be like this - nnnnnnnnnn instead of nnn-nnn-nnnn, for example.

If that still doesn't allow you to proceed with your credit card information, contact support - 

Support for v1.6 is via the information here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1183038&SiteID=2

Friday, August 24, 2007 3:19 PM