locked
CRM 2011 - Reports not working (maybe related to RU17?) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi.

    I have most CRM reports (created via CRM UI) not running. I've got users reporting this just yesterday, and we migrated to RU17 2 weeks ago. I have installed all the RU17 files, including the SRS in the DB server.

    I did some test and I noticed that any report with a DATE field (for example created on) return an error. If I remove the date field(s), the report works fine.

    I tried this both with existing reports and with brand new reports - in all cases, the report does NOT run when there is a date field.

    I have also some report created in Visual Studio, and these reports run fine.

    The error from Report's user interface is: The report cannot be displayed. (rsRuntimeErrorInExpression).

    If I click 'Try again' I get: Invalid argument.

    In Reporting services log I find this

    webserver!ReportServer_0-9!25e8!07/01/2014-11:30:09:: e ERROR: Reporting Services error Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSException: The Hidden expression for the tablix ‘Table0’ contains an error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: The Hidden expression for the tablix ‘Table0’ contains an error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

    Any suggestion?

    Many thanks

    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

  • OK, it seems really a RU17 related issue...

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e221a0fe-c168-4bb5-ad2e-86dd813204c0/report-with-a-date-or-number-field-fails-with-rsruntimeerrorinexpression?forum=crm

    EDIT

    Before rolling back to RU16 I contacted the MS support, to see if they have already a fix for this problem. I already got a phone call and (as far as I understand it) this issue is NOT KNOWN by MS. They are testing it now and will call me back with suggestions.

    May be they will release a fix...

    EDIT 2

    I did some additional testing in our TEST environment. A copy of our 'live' system (migrated from CRM 4.0 about 1 year ago and with quite a lot of customizations) with RU17 has the very same problem, BUT an Out Of Box organization on the same server (created when the server was already running CRM 2011 and with no customizations) works fine.

    I rolled back our live environment to RU16 and reports now are working (after re-saving them). I'm working with MS on the TEST system to see if we can find the reason behind the problem.

    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:10 AM
  • I am having a  similar problem with CRM2013 did you find a cause?

    regards

    Scott

    Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:59 PM
  • The cause (for CRM 2011) is SQL Server 2008. There is some code in CRM 2011 RU17 that is not available in SAQL server 2008. Minimum version is SQL 2008 R2.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:15 PM
  • I wonder if they have added the same code into CRM2013 rollup 1 sp1? Thanks anyway.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:21 PM
  • I think so.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:16 PM
  • We still have the same problem with RU 18...
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:10 PM
  • What SQL server version have you? If 2008, then upgrade to at least 2008 R2
    Friday, February 13, 2015 8:36 AM
  • I have SQL standard 2008 SP3 which is on the Microsoft CRm2013 compatibility list. I also recent installed CRM2013 SP1 rollup 2 which had no effect.
    Friday, February 13, 2015 8:54 AM
  • Check with MS support. SQL 2008 standard is NOT compatible with latest CRM rollouts.
    Friday, February 13, 2015 10:08 AM
  • 32 bit is not supported 64 bit is , I have 64 bit. Strictly speaking I have the  Small Business Server version.
    Friday, February 13, 2015 10:24 AM
  • I only know that in MS documentation CRM 2011 is compatible with SQL 2008, but in reality with RU17 they introduced some code only compatible with SQL 2008 R2 or higher.

    no idea about CRM 2013.

    Friday, February 13, 2015 12:12 PM