'Poor Network Performance' RRS feed

• Question

• With our OCS 2007 R2 installation almost ready for production, I still have a couple of issues I can't seem to solve yet. One of those is that during a video calls between two
    contacts, both parties always get the 'Poor Network Quality' error and most of the time one or both of the video streams is halted after a couple of seconds. I'm quite sure the network capacity is not the problem here, because other video conference tools like msn work flawlessly and during tests we had a 100mbit pipe between both callers and the edge and no other users on the system. Bandwidth tests between callers, callers and edge and edge and fe all passed the test with flying colors.

I've checked connections between callers and edge, between edge and fe and load of the servers. I was not able to find any problems.

We run OCS 2007 R2 on Windows 2008 SP2 on bl460 blades in consolidated edge enterprise config, with 2 firewalls (isa and fortigate) between fe and edge. For the test I have opened all ports between fe and edge. A monitoring QoE server is also installed.

Why could this be happening?
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:57 AM

Answers

• I think I solved this issue. Our firewall failed to pass ports 50000-59999 and udp port 3748 to the av edge interface IP. I recreated the policy and now all seems well.
    • Marked as answer by ®win Saturday, November 7, 2009 4:05 PM
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 12:57 PM