Windows Home Server - NEw PC without access RRS feed

• Question

• My old crashed.....

I have already allocated 10 PC to the home Server, and can't logg in with PC number 11. I do not have the software on a running PC to remove an old PC, thereby not access my files on the HOME SERVER.

Please advice!!

Olav

Sunday, November 19, 2017 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I had moved your thread to Windows Home Server forum as it is WHS relate question. Thank you for your understanding.

>I have already allocated 10 PC to the home Server
    I want to confirm with you if you mean connecting client to server using Connector software? Just as article “How do I connect computers to the server” mentioned:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/computer-network-connection-2(v=ws.11).aspx

>can't log in with PC number 11
    What is the error message when you failed to log in PC? 

>I do not have the software on a running PC to remove an old PC
    I am not sure if you mean that current problematic PC had connected to another server before? Or anything else?

Please provide more information, or, screenshot if possible.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 1:53 AM