Refreshing CRM record from associated record field updation in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I m facing issue in refresing the form, two entities(Opportunity & Custom entity) with 1:N relationship. The custom entity is located inside the subgrid of Opp Entity. From the opp record, when i open the custom entity record and update the field value, in the onchange of that custom entity field i m updating a field value of opportunity record. In this scenario, both the forms are opened in browser and i need to refresh the opportunity form automatically when i update the field in custom entity form. Please suggest the possibility of this and let me know if i m not clear.

Arun Kumar G

• Edited by Aronkumar Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:11 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can save your opportunity record using xrm javascript. In this way you will get updated data in opportunity form.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by DynamicsCRM31 Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:38 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Hi Aron,

You can Refresh the Opportunity through JavaScript using refresh method.

First you will have to get the Parent record (Opportunity) Context and perform the refresh operation on opportunity form.

Refer below blogs.

http://ravenrip.wordpress.com/2012/12/28/crm-2011-force-form-the-save-via-javascript/

http://bingsoft.wordpress.com/2010/11/18/accessing-the-parent-form-xrm-page-in-crm-2011/

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by Kalim Khan Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:14 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:12 AM
  • H KalimK,

I tried the way you have mentioned in the link but i couldnt get the context of opportunity form from the custom entity field updation. The parent keyword is null or not an object since the custom entity form is not opened as a DOM object (dialog box). Am i correct?

Arun Kumar G

Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:29 AM
  • On grid refresh you can write your code to refresh the form.

But before reloding the opportunity form ,save it.

I think this will solve your problem.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:57 AM
  • try this on onsave event.

window.opener.parent.location.reload();

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

• Edited by _Vikram Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:56 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Did you get it ?

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:27 AM
  • Hello Arun,

Did you solve it ?

Saturday, September 7, 2013 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

Still i didnt get any result. please help on the same.

Arun Kumar G

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:48 AM