Where is My Forums Threads? RRS feed

• Question

• We need to have My Forums Threads view back.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:44 AM

Answers

• This is a feature we will be considering bringing back due to the feedback received. Thank you for this feedback!

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:42 PM

All replies

• Maybe you could add a My Categories populated with list of My Forums

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:01 AM
  • Please check my reply here.

i'm unable to copy paste in this area !!

thx

Pranav

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:07 AM
  • This is a feature we will be considering bringing back due to the feedback received. Thank you for this feedback!

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:42 PM
  • Is it "My Threads" in the "Quick Access" menu?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:59 PM
  • I don't think so. "My Threads" only displays threads where you participated actively.

But here's a workaround for the time being: In the main forum view, click on View all (left, under Categories), and select all the categories/forums you're interested in. Submit the changes. Subsequently you'll find the newly selected categories on the left side. Just copy the URL displayed in your browser, and create a link file on your desktop or add the URL to your browser's favorites. Hope this helps.

Marcel

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:08 PM
  • It's not quite. My Forums Threads returned all post (descending order) filtered by My Forums

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:32 AM
  • Hmm, that's not bad. I'll have to check that out more this weekend. Thanks Marcel

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:27 AM
  • Marcel, you are correct. The current work around is to select the desired forums from the "view all" which will yield all of the threads from these forums. If you select all of the forums from "My Forums" you will have the same result. As mentioned, we will try to prioritize this request according to all of the feedback we have received. Thanks! 

Forums Program Manager

Friday, June 21, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Thanks for getting this one in.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Friday, July 12, 2013 2:14 AM
  • Although we do have My Forums Threads back, it's much less useful than before the June 17 update.

I monitor forums in MSDN and in TechNet and also some MVP-only forums. I added all forums that interest me to My Forums.

Before the June update, My Forums Threads listed threads from all those forums, regardless of the 'branding'. So I had a single place where I could see what was new in the MSDN, TechNet and MVP forums that interest me.

Now, after the July 11 update, My Forums Threads displays only threads from the 'branding' where I happen to be. So I need to visit 'My Forums Threads on MSDN', 'My Forums Threads on Technet' and 'My Forums Threads on MVP' to see what's going on. That's cumbersome.

(Before one of the earlier updates, My Forums used to show when the last post in each forum had been made. This very useful feature still hasn't been restored...)

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

Friday, July 12, 2013 10:05 AM
  • What about clicking Quick Access and selecting My Threads from the drop down menu?

Hope this helps, Gerry

Friday, July 12, 2013 10:54 AM
  • My Threads lists threads in which I have participated. I use My Forums Threads to monitor whether new threads (and new replies) have been posted in the forums that interest me. New threads obviously aren't listed in My Threads.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

Friday, July 12, 2013 11:26 AM
  • I was aware of the distinction and use both options.

Hope this helps, Gerry

Friday, July 12, 2013 2:05 PM