none
Showing A List Of Moderators RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi!
    I have a suggestion for the forum team. It will be great to have an on-screen list of people, who are moderating the forum or sub-forum. Sometimes, there may appear different issues, that can't be just posted to the forums, so you should contact a moderator. Now, you need to look for people who have the Moderator status, but if there was an on-screen moderator list, you could easily call someone for help.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:43 PM

All replies

• Great idea, thanks!
    Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:39 PM
  • I agree! Thanks for the suggestion.

Matt
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:58 PM
  • It was my pleasure to help!
    Thanks!
    Beginner .NET Software Developer
    Friday, May 23, 2008 3:18 PM
  • Delimarschi,

We're thinking of adding a list of forum moderators on the right hand side of the forum for our next release, similar to other user lists (like top answerers, recent users, etc...).  We're also playing around with doing private messaging as well so you can send private message to other forum users. 
    Sam Jarawan STO Forums - Senior Development Lead
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:04 PM
  • In the "old" forums, there used to be a tag under the user's name on replies/posts that signified that a user was a moderator.  Continuing with that would be useful for people to know who moderators are without having to change the current page and look on a list.
    Friday, May 30, 2008 9:03 PM
  • Peter Ritchie said:

In the "old" forums, there used to be a tag under the user's name on replies/posts that signified that a user was a moderator.  Continuing with that would be useful for people to know who moderators are without having to change the current page and look on a list.

This occurs on these forums as well. For instance, next to your name it says "MVP", next to Sam's it says "MSFT, Admin". Moderators (within a forum that they are a moderator of) would show this way as well.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, May 30, 2008 9:47 PM