Using Quick Campaigns with Marketing Lists RRS feed

• Question

• We are creating Marketing Lists (static) for outbound calls.  We then use Quick Campaigns to create the phone calls.  This works fine.  When we add new members to the Marketing List, I'd like to add a second Quick Campaign to create the phone calls for the new members.  I select (using the checkbox) the new members, click the Add Quick Campaign and it adds phone records for all the members not just the ones selected. 

I can select the phone records previously created and delete them, but this does not seem a logical approach. Shouldn't the quick campaign only create phone records for the ones selected on the marketing list members?

Ken Compter

Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:25 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply.  I was afraid of that.  I did find a alternative solution, and that is to load the "extra" contacts into the Marketing List, then do an Adv. Find on Contacts where the Related Marketing List = "the list you want".  Then select the "extra" contacts and do a Quick Campaign from the Adv. Find.

Ken Compter

• Marked as answer by kcompter Friday, November 15, 2013 6:52 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 6:52 PM

All replies

• No. The quick campaign will roll out the activity for the entire marketing list.

The reason for this has to do with the datamodel related to marketing lists.

If you want quickcampaign to only send to selected records, then you need to select contacts directly.. not through a marketing list member.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:13 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:13 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I was afraid of that.  I did find a alternative solution, and that is to load the "extra" contacts into the Marketing List, then do an Adv. Find on Contacts where the Related Marketing List = "the list you want".  Then select the "extra" contacts and do a Quick Campaign from the Adv. Find.

Ken Compter

• Marked as answer by kcompter Friday, November 15, 2013 6:52 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 6:52 PM