none
re: Troubleshooting Live Alerts... RRS feed

• Question

• Brent -

Thanks for posting this troubleshooting guide.

Ok... I've gone through the troubleshooting sticky and here's what I've come up with.

1.) The hotmail account is over 10 years old. I've got an email stored in there from the last millenium.. It's not a validation issue
    2.) Check.. I see little green checks next to Microsoft Community Forums, Microsoft Forums and TechNet forums.
    3.) I've got Alerts turned on and the MS Community forums and Technet are supposed to be routed to Live Messenger and Hotmail while the Microsoft Forums only go to Hotmail.

Note: I've looked at the Recent Alerts item on the left hand side of this site - and there are NONE in the last 24 hours - even though I replied to a test post I left in the sandbox with the Wolfie2k9 account. The 2k9 account managed to get an alert from the reply I left from Wolfie2k6.

4.) I even created an alternative Hotmail account and logged in as wolfie2k9. Alerts seem to work for that account after repeating steps 1 - 3.

Note: I've got 4271 emails that I've recieved from Live Alerts starting in January 2009 and going up to July 24th, 2009. I've stored all of them in a special folder. The sum total of email stored in my hotmail account is about 5573 to the tune of about 126.3 MB - no where near 5 GB. I'm still getting email from other sources. So I don't know why I'm not getting alerts...

What's the next step?
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 9:00 AM

Answers

• We made a lot of progress on the issue of notifications not going through. Now that they are, we face a new recent issue of the notifications being delayed anywhere from one to three hours. The team is actively working on the queue length issues and I will post back when we have a fix.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, January 8, 2010 3:29 AM
    Answerer
  • We're having issues with our aggregator job in the sql backend today and we'll be fixing this.

Once this is fixed, we'll be enabling further logging in our web servers to determine and isolate intermittent issue regarding to alerts.

Thanks.

- Don

STO Forums Test Lead
    Monday, August 3, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Hi There, 

This is now fixed. Should take about 20 mins or so for points, My Alerts and My Threads to be updated.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Monday, August 3, 2009 9:41 PM
  • Let me check our backend servers to verify your accounts. (Wolfie2k9 - working v.s. Wolfie2k6 - non working)

STO Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:58 PM

All replies