MCSA upgrade to MCSE Windows Power Shell Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I have read the replies on upgrading to MCSE, does anyone know when Microsoft is retiring the MCSE 2003? I am upgrading my MCSA 2000 to MCSA 2003, I am taking the last test at the end of the month to complete MCSA 2003. So, the line of thinking is, it will show progression to potential employers?   No one has answered the real qestion or did I miss the answer?  Server 2003 training will not help in the Server 2008, 2008 server is that different?  I have taken all the classes for the MCSE 2003, but design, any advice?  

Windows Power Shell, I have not found information on certification, do they have a cert for Pwr Shell?   Should they? if they do not have a Pwr Shell cert.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:32 AM

Answers

• Mainstream Support for Windows Server 2003 will retire on July 13 2010 and extended support will be available till July 14 2015. Since MCSE is one of the most popular Microsoft Certification, so I this, we will see a very slow exit. Starting from end of this year, we will start seeing some retirement and I would assume Microsoft would start with unpopular electives and slowly retire the Main exams.

There is no separate certification for Power Shell. It’s integrated with Server 2008 Certification. There is a separate training course for it but no separate certification.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by MACbrian Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:21 AM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 6:12 AM