problem connecting wirelessly with communicator 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  have OCS 2007 set up and working.  I have a Vista laptop that when plugged into an ethernet cable, communicator works fine, when i unplug and use wireless I get the error" the server is temporarily unavailable."  If I disable the wireless and plug back in, its fine again.  I am assuming its my wireless router stopping ports for some reason, but its all internal, there is no going out externally going on.  When wireless, I can ping the OCS server.  When I run netstat -b while cabled in, communicator is connecting to port 5061 on the OCS server.  I have tried enabling that on the router, but to no avail.

Friday, October 10, 2008 6:51 PM

Answers

• ITs the WRT160N, linksys, wireless N

• Marked as answer by mojogar Monday, November 16, 2009 3:39 PM
    Saturday, October 11, 2008 2:52 AM

All replies

• When you plug in the cable are you plugging into your wireless router or another network switch?

Friday, October 10, 2008 8:47 PM
  • into the wireless router.  There is no other infrastructure equipment (switches, hubs, or routers besides the modem of course).  The internal OCS server is plugged into it too.

Friday, October 10, 2008 8:53 PM
  • man this is really pissing me off, so if anyone has any sugestions....  Its been 2 days and its irritating.

Friday, October 10, 2008 10:44 PM
  • i have turned off the wireless router's firewall feature as well, and it didnt help.

Friday, October 10, 2008 10:58 PM
  • What brand/model is the router?  I vaguely recall a thread were a user was having problems using OCS over a certain model Of Linksys Router/WAP device. 

Friday, October 10, 2008 11:42 PM
  • ITs the WRT160N, linksys, wireless N

• Marked as answer by mojogar Monday, November 16, 2009 3:39 PM
    Saturday, October 11, 2008 2:52 AM