Windows 7 Install uninstall problems RRS feed

• Question

• WIndows 7, Microsoft Security Essentials (RealTime Protection turned off)

I have found several MS support / blog threads on issues uninstalling in Windows Vista. I have followed those instructs and deleted registry values. I have cleared browser cache...I have uninstalled from Control Panel. I have reinstalled with the Microsoft Secruirty Esentials  RealTime Protection turned off. I have tryed to reinstall with windows firewall turned off.

The install hangs showing that Live Mesh it is installing and preparing for first use. I have just rebooted (4th time) and I show LiveMesh in tasktray, "Live Mesh is currnetly Starting" is the hover message.  Control Panel shows Live Mesh installed...and my hard drive light is solid green.

Command Prompt: livemesh.exe/uninstall shows Uninstalling Live Mesh Software , but the HDD light is solid green and the message has been up for 20 minutes.

ANy help will bw appreciated. I just want this OFF my computer.  I have no data issues. I can't make this work in Win 7 and I just want to go back to where I was b4 my livemesh beta experience.

btw, I have been able to uninstall on my XP SP3 machine with out a problem.

THanks.
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:13 PM

Answers