HP EX470 and alex at HP?!? RRS feed

• Question

• Just started settingup my HP EX470. When I used Remote Desktop to log into the 470 and started Windows Explorer, I noticed a "alex on sj-build.fc.hp.com" under "My Network Places" in addition to the usual "Entire Network" Anybody else see this?
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:48 AM

Answers

• Hmm. I would guess that "Alex" did the initial system setup and sysprep to get the master hard drive image ready for duplication...
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Hi Aarjay, Ken is correct - I also have this on four random EX470's I've just taken out of boxes and checked. You can delete this from the network places history.

Reproduced after performing a Factory Reset, this will appear on any MediaSmart server - the reference can be deleted from your Network Neighborhood without issue.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:57 PM

All replies

• I have that also on my 470.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:39 PM
  • Hmm. I would guess that "Alex" did the initial system setup and sysprep to get the master hard drive image ready for duplication...
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Hi Aarjay, Ken is correct - I also have this on four random EX470's I've just taken out of boxes and checked. You can delete this from the network places history.

Reproduced after performing a Factory Reset, this will appear on any MediaSmart server - the reference can be deleted from your Network Neighborhood without issue.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:57 PM