none
multiple app.config

Question

• hi

i am using vs2008 ( C#),Crystal Report 2011 and sql server 2008.

i have developed Desktop application which is working fine in LAN System.

but  now my client want use this application outside the LAN through internet, we have static ip address , through port forwarding i did , it's working fine. but now problem is that i am storing file in server and that path is save in database. through LAN it is accessing because i shared that folder but how to access that file outside the LAN

my app.config is as

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
      </configSections>
      <connectionStrings>

<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=server;Initial Catalog=ERPSystem;User ID=xxx;Password=xxxx;Min Pool Size=20;Max Pool Size=100;Connection Timeout = 5" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>
      <appSettings>

<add key="AttachedFilePath" value="\\sepl_server\ERPSystem" />
        <add key="ReportPath" value="\\sepl_server\ERPSystem\ERP\Reports\" />

</appSettings>

<system.serviceModel>
        <bindings />
        <client />
      </system.serviceModel>
    </configuration>

my aim is those people accessing application through LAN they should used above app.config

and those are using outside the LAN then they should use

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
      </configSections>
      <connectionStrings>

<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=517.x.x.x;Initial Catalog=ERPSystem;User ID=xxx;Password=xxxx;Min Pool Size=20;Max Pool Size=100;Connection Timeout = 5" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>
      <appSettings>

<add key="AttachedFilePath" value="\\server\ERPSystem" />
        <add key="ReportPath" value="\\server\ERPSystem\ERP\Reports\" />

</appSettings>

<system.serviceModel>
        <bindings />
        <client />
      </system.serviceModel>
    </configuration>

Problem

1. how to save file in \\server\ERPSystem out side the LAN through internet.
    2. i am using crystal report file saved in \\server\ERPSystem\ERP\Reports\, how to access out side the LAN through internet.
    3. how to isolate local database server  for locat user and  outside LAN user.

plz help me.

Thanks Best Regard Naweez

• Moved by Kristin Xie Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hi naweez,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual C#. Based on your description, your case related to LAN System.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

• how to isolate local database server  for locat user and  outside LAN user.

For question related to Sql Server , please ask in Sql Server forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:29 AM

All replies

• You need to open your FW to let that client access your share.

Imho you shouldn't let the client into your LAN. Instead of it, you should place your application server, the database and the CR files in a DMZ.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:52 AM
  • can you explained in detail how to access the file and save in server through internet

Thanks Best Regard Naweez

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:13 AM
  • Hi naweez,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual C#. Based on your description, your case related to LAN System.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

• how to isolate local database server  for locat user and  outside LAN user.

For question related to Sql Server , please ask in Sql Server forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:29 AM
  • The design may be flawed but I'd ask in the windows security forums.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=w8itpro%2Cw7itpro%2Cwindowsvistaitpro&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 1:42 AM