none
Impossibly annoying popup that will not close RRS feed

• Question

• Right now I am looking at "Step 3 of 6: Provide as much detail as you can. A detailed...." popup with an X on the top right, but when I close it, it just comes right back after I start typing.  This horrible popup blocks about 10% of the paragraph window for typing in the description that you are currently reading.  This only seems to happen on some occassions and I have not been able to narrow done what causes it to show.  Is it a bug?  How can I kill this window, or better yet disable the it forever?

Browser:  IE 7.0.6

Good coding involves knowing one's logical limits and expanding them as necessary.
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:59 PM

Answers

• Thanks for this report. We are considering getting rid of the whole popup user interface and going with something more closely aligned with the answers brand ask pages (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/forums), basically in-lining the helpful text into the page so it doesn't dance around and cause user interface issues like this. I'm not sure when we'll get to it, but hopefully somewhat soon.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by P.Brian.Mackey Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:36 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Update:  I noticed the issue is only truly noticeable at a resolution of 1680 x 1050. And it only shows up after the "Related Topics" popup comes out.
    Good coding involves knowing one's logical limits and expanding them as necessary.
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:48 AM
  • Thanks for this report. We are considering getting rid of the whole popup user interface and going with something more closely aligned with the answers brand ask pages (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/forums), basically in-lining the helpful text into the page so it doesn't dance around and cause user interface issues like this. I'm not sure when we'll get to it, but hopefully somewhat soon.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by P.Brian.Mackey Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:36 AM
    Answerer