0xc004e02 Inconsistent Data? RRS feed

• Question

• I restarted my computer after changing the Password and It took a really long time to load the login screen and suddenly it gave me the popup note stating

Code:0xc004e02

and that it couldn't load due to inconsisten data.

I tried to restore my settings in safemode but that didn't do anything

and I read up on how others changed the file name and now i can't get into safe mode.

After rebooting again, i now get the Activate Installation required, But i dont have the disc to do that.
    anything i can do?
    Friday, August 21, 2009 11:20 PM

Answers

• Hello ShurryHeart,

If you are able to login to Regular Mode (even if there is no Task Bar or Start Button) try the below steps.  The first set will attempt to reset the Store and the second set will recreate it.  Try the first set and if that doesn't work, move on to the next.

1) Click the option that launches an Internet Browser
    2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the address field
    3) Find the file cmd.exe
    4) Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
    5) Type: cscript %windir%\System32\slmgr.vbs /ilc %windir%\System32\licensing\ppdlic\Security-Licensing-SLC-ppdlic.xrm-ms
    6) Hit the Enter key
    7) Reboot twice

1) Return to the cmd windows 
    2) Type: net stop slsvc  (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    3) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing
    4) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    5) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    6) Type: net start slsvc
    7) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
    8) Reboot Twice
    9) You may be required to enter the Product Key again and then Activate

If you are able to login to Safe Mode, download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread. 

If you are not able to login to Regular or Safe mode, I can only recommend creating a (no cost) support request at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029 for additional assistance.

Thank you,
    Darin MS

• Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, August 24, 2009 4:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:47 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2009 4:55 PM