Search under Products category using Live Search API 2.0SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a newbie to using the Live Search SDK 2.0. I need to retrieve results pertaining to products (the way we do on www.search.live.com/products).

I am using the SourceType enumeration provided by the SDK, however, I do not see any sourcetype relating to Products search specifically.

I would be really glad i you guys give me some pointers on this problem. Again, my goal is to search for products (e.g. ipod) via live search products website (just like we do on ebay or amazon).

Thanks & Regards,
    Vishal
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Vishal,

Product search is not (yet) exposed through the API.

Unfortunately I am not in the condition of giving you any expected time for its availability yet - the sourcetype is very complex and there are is a lot of work we need to do to provide a reliable public API.

Stay tuned - we'll get there eventually.

--Alessandro

Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Vishal,

Product search is not (yet) exposed through the API.

Unfortunately I am not in the condition of giving you any expected time for its availability yet - the sourcetype is very complex and there are is a lot of work we need to do to provide a reliable public API.

Stay tuned - we'll get there eventually.

--Alessandro

Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:15 AM

• Hi Alessandro,

Thanks a lot for replying. Well, I wanted to use it for the course project but its over now. I did the final presentation today where I used eBay and Amazon's Web service to search the products.

Thanks any ways and I would really like to extend my project using MS Live Search (Product) API, though I used
    "Source Type = WebSource" component of MS Live Search in the existing project to search over the internet (and not products specifically).

Regards,
    Vishal
    Monday, December 8, 2008 11:43 PM