Workaround for “Cannot connect this computer to the network. The server is not available. .." Error during client connecting RRS feed

• General discussion

• The following content is added to the Client Connector Trouble shooting Wiki, note Mac client will show a different error, and see the wiki for details:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3941.troubleshooting-client-deployment.aspx

You received the notification “Cannot connect this computer to the network. The server is not available. Try connecting this computer again, or for more information, see Troubleshoot computers to the server”

Applies to

Windows Home Server 2011, Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials

Symptoms

You cannot join the client computer even the server is on and accessible by client computer.

The “ClientDeploy.log” located on the client computer at %programdata%/Microsoft/Windows Server/Logs will call out that “Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.”

Cause

This is caused by wrong certificate binding with the certificate web service.

Solution

1. Login the server

2. Launch the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

3. Expand the left tree view and select Sites->WSS Certificate Web Service

4. Right click and select “Edit binding…”

5. In the popped dialog, select Port 65500 and click “Edit”

6. In the popped dialog, please make sure the SSL certificate there is the same as your server’s computer name.

7. Click ok to save your changes.
    8. Restart the IIS service by select the root node which is your computer name in the left pane and choose restart in the Actions in the right pane.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows HSBS Program Manager

Monday, May 7, 2012 9:04 AM

All replies

• The above did not correct the problem for me.  I am using WHS 2011, just installed this weekend.  The certificate was not selected, I did select it, did restart the service, same error.

• Edited by KBachler Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:13 PM
    Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:12 PM