none
MCT - "Attend and pass a presentation skills course" RRS feed

• Question

• I am interested in becoming an MCT.  I see that one of the options for the "Demonstrate instructional presentation skills" is "Attend and pass a presentation skills course".  Where can I find a list of qualifying courses/providers?  The links under that option seem to not be helpful.  The CompTIA link only shows CTT+ certification information and the providers on the spreadsheet don't seem to have anything obvious listed.  I could be missing something obvious, but some assistance would be helpful.  Thanks!
    Monday, October 18, 2010 8:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Jerry,

Reading your question my guess would be that you would like to go for option 2 where you attend a class adn obtain a certificate. As you mentioned the Excelsheet only provide links to companies and don't shed much light on what to expect. In that case i would choose a cmpany in the nearby Denver area and send them a mail about your interestin the MCT program and that their company is listed in a excelsheet stating tht they can provide you with the necessary skills to meet the requirement. At that point you should know two things:

1. The company knows what you are talking about and will provide you with the necessary info

or

2. The company doesn't know what you are talking about and in that case i'd go for the next company in the list.

Maurice 

Maurice
    Monday, October 18, 2010 9:36 PM

All replies

• I should be more specific.  I'm looking for something in the Denver area.  Thanks!
    Monday, October 18, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Hi Jerry,

Reading your question my guess would be that you would like to go for option 2 where you attend a class adn obtain a certificate. As you mentioned the Excelsheet only provide links to companies and don't shed much light on what to expect. In that case i would choose a cmpany in the nearby Denver area and send them a mail about your interestin the MCT program and that their company is listed in a excelsheet stating tht they can provide you with the necessary skills to meet the requirement. At that point you should know two things:

1. The company knows what you are talking about and will provide you with the necessary info

or

2. The company doesn't know what you are talking about and in that case i'd go for the next company in the list.

Maurice 

Maurice
    Monday, October 18, 2010 9:36 PM
  • That's my problem.  There is nothing on that spreadsheet listed in my area.  The nationwide provider links are either dead, on-site only or have no class offered.  I am starting to look at other providers of "train the trainer" type courses.  Is it reasonable to expect that their class may qualify for MCT, but just not be listed on the spreadsheet?
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 6:03 PM
  • Hi Jerry,

It might be that the list is outdated. What you can do is drop this guy a mail asking him to clarify this point for you:

http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/members/tjeerdv/default.aspx

Tjeerd is the lead program manager for ms learning and knows al the answers with regards to MCT enrollment (or either knows the channels which will lead you to a satisfying answer).

Maurice

Maurice

Noticed the link needs a liveid to login to see the profile of Tjeerd. If you go to the http://borntolearn.mslearn.net website you'll find many posts from Tjeerd. Respond to a question on on of the forums or post a reply directly to Tjeerd.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:42 PM