none
MSN Portfolio Manager is blank RRS feed

• Question

• Same problem as as been described.  I uninstalled all files associated with Money.  I want to start new, with no previous data.  I installed MS Money from the original CD  MS Money 2006.  Strange that it asked for a password when I never set up a password.  I got around that by getting a windows passport email account.  I made an entry as a new purchase.  The Manager is blank.

Do I need to have IE as the default browser?  If so, is there a way I can use Money and have Firefox as my browser? 

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:24 PM

All replies

• Try ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts

Maybe you made the account where you did your Buy a Watch (pretend) account.

IE does not need to be your default browser to use Microsoft Money. You did not have to add a password or LiveID to use Microsoft Money.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:26 PM
  • Hello Cal; it is good to know you are still here helping us.  Thank you.

The only place I could find to change Portfolio View was on the "Review your portfolio" and I don't think that's what you meant. The "Review your Portfolio" page shows a Large Cap fund with a value of $7,931.54.  Other investments at 127,000; so it seems there is an account with money in it, and yet the portfolio manager page is blank; a white page with the title: Portfolio Manager.

Any other ideas what I can try?

Bob

Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:00 AM
  • My PM is just showing a small square window that doesn't have enough room to see the whole chart. It is unable to be re-sized.

What caused this?

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:21 AM
  • I am having this problem after a installed Windows 8.1 Preview, in PM just a small windows and I can´t resize.... How did you solved it?
    Friday, June 28, 2013 2:45 PM
  • I had this problem in Windows 7 and have now managed to fix it.

I discovered that the problem of a tiny window for Portfolio Manager occurred after ugrading Internet Explorer 10 to IE11.  I didn't realise the connection at the time, but after some research giving me a clue, I removed the IE11 update (using Control Panel-Programs and Features) to revert to IE10.  After a reboot, lo and behold Portfolio Manager is now back to full sized window - hooray!

So, I imagine other users' problems in Windows 8 are because it is probably using IE11 (I haven't used Windows 8).  It would seem that MS Money is very dependent on Internet Explorer but needs Version 10 or earlier to support the Portfolio Manager.

Hope this helps!

• Proposed as answer by desfry Friday, September 13, 2013 3:15 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 3:14 PM