How do I get OCS on my computer? I urgently need assistence. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys:

I am very far from being well versed in software applications. I am just an ordinary guy who is urgently trying to download OCS 2007 to my computer in order to participate in an upcoming video conference call for a professional opportunity. It seems there is a free trial that one can download, thus my first question is; If I can successfully download it, will it plug, and play, and I will be ready to go, or do I need anything else (obviously the hope is with it installed on my computer, coupled with a very fast internet connection, I should be able to connect with the other OCS users)

Secondly, I have proceeded with the assumption that the answer to my question above is yes, and have attempted to download the free trial however, it is telling me that the product it not supported; what gives? I currently am running on XP professional.

I would be more than grateful for any help guys.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:04 PM

All replies

• I think that you're talking about Microsoft Office Communicator - not OCS 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=535637af-d92f-41b1-bf0c-54a526a88247&displaylang=en is where you can download a 60 day trial copy.

Of course, you'll need to know how to set it up to communicate with the OCS servers, so you'll need to talk with the OCS administrators.
    • Edited by Sick Freak Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:31 PM
  • Thank you for the input. I guess that is what I mean I am looking for provided it will allow me to particpate in a video conference with someone in say..Indonesia.

Am I on the right track?

Many thanks!

Mike
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:45 PM
  • OCS is for corporations to use to communicate and manage (within their AD infrastructure) - if you're talking about individual video conferencing, I suggest using the Microsoft Live Messenger.

http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger or Skype or something similar.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:51 PM
  • Aha, thank you for the clarification. I am talking about video conferencing, however I need an application that will connect 3 persons in different locations virtually, each with a video. Unfortunately, I have skype but video calls are limited to a 1 on 1 situation.

Does Messenger allow for 3 participants each with video?

Cheers,

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:59 PM
  • No, Messenger does not, but if you search Google for "multiparty video conference" you'll find a whole bunch of options - from add-ons to separate clients.  I've never tried any of these.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:34 PM