Battery Life and Mobile Mesh RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Live Mesh on a new Samsung Jack and my battery life has declined sharply (from two days or more to about 10 hours).  I made other changes at the same time so I do not know if Live Mesh is the cause. Most of the time Live Mesh does not show as running in Task Manager.  Does Live Mesh run in the background and, if so, does it use a lot of power?  If not, does it use a lot of battery power when it is running, with just a folder or two set up in the service and no changes being made?
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 1:24 AM

Answers

• Live Mesh does not run as a service on a phone. You need to start it manually. If it is running in the background, you can see it by looking at running programs in the System/Memory area.
    If you manually sync with your Mesh, it does consume a whole lot of power to transfer the data. It should not consume much power when you simply connect to check for changes, though. Not much more than using the browser, for example.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 12:22 PM

All replies

• Live Mesh does not run as a service on a phone. You need to start it manually. If it is running in the background, you can see it by looking at running programs in the System/Memory area.
    If you manually sync with your Mesh, it does consume a whole lot of power to transfer the data. It should not consume much power when you simply connect to check for changes, though. Not much more than using the browser, for example.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 12:22 PM
  • Thanks very much.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 1:48 PM