none
OFF topic RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Arasnap,

For all the attributes of all the user kindly run the below script:

get-aduser -pr * | Export-Csv users_All_attrs.csv

For any other help you needed kindly tell us so we can help you

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Udit

• Split by jrv Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:18 PM Not on topic
    • Changed type Udit Daga Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:25 PM l
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Arasnap,

For all the attributes of all the user kindly run the below script:

get-aduser -pr * | Export-Csv users_All_attrs.csv

For any other help you needed kindly tell us so we can help you

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Udit

Please do not post unrelated answers.  Please read and try to understand the question before providing an answer.  Also you method cannot do what is asked and will not export user properties correctly.  There are numerous technical reasons for this which you should take the time to learn.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:02 PM
  • And Dont judge the people what they are saying judge it what they are telling.

I gave a command to export almost all attributes of all users. Kindly try  and then update me. 

Once you export the file just save it in an excel.

I am not going to debate this. If you really understood PowerShell and AD you would know that this won't work and why.  All experienced users of PowerShell know that a CSV only exports the attributes of the first item in a collection.  Attributes on later items are not included.  Exporting to a CSV cannot export objects and collections.  They sill show up as the collection type name.

There is no point in trying this.  This issue has been debated in this and other forums for years. 

Also you answer has nothing to do with the OP's request.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:15 PM
  • Sorry for it ...

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:16 PM
  • No need to be sorry.  You are making the same mistake that most new users to scripting make.  Desktop tech, help desk agents and user admins are not trained in computer Science, computer engineering or software engineering so they do not understand data.  For non-programmers the output with no errors is assumed to be a good result.  That is not the case.  The output must be reviewed and understood before it is accepted as reliable.

Programmers understand that extensive testing of results is necessary before any piece of code can be accepted.  Mistakes in computing can cause business losses and even human casualties when software is not tested correctly.  Basic technicians with no software training need to learn to be careful about any and every assumption as well as all code seen or copied from the Internet.

Again, don't be sorry.  You are making the same mistake that most newbies to programming make.  Take the time to actually learn the basics completely until you truly understand how PowerShell works and how any technology you are using (AD) works.  You will have an easier time managing things and it will guarantee you get promoted more quickly.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:28 PM
  • Hi Jrv,,

I am a good programmer and I understand what you are telling so be lill polite while telling someone and I said sorry just for you brother... 

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:39 PM
  • Anyways thank you for your help ... this make me lill more careful...

Thank you so much !!!!

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:41 PM
  • Writing programs and being a skilled technically trained programmer are not the same thing.  Part of becoming a trained software engineer is learning about data and how to analyze it as well as testing every command a subsystem until you fully understand how it works.

I used to work with a bunch of IBM Cobol "programmers".  None of them knew anything about formal programming or had any formal training outside of a couple of courses in Cobol.   The did write wonderfully cool and useful reports but the data extractions they created were full of bad data.  It took the company I worked for and I months to prove to AT&T management that their TQM reports were mostly bogus.  We had to do that because our reports had data that was fully validated and quality marked and it did not match any of the existing system reports.

Good luck and deep dive into PowerShell.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:53 PM