none
Excel Visual Basic throws Object disconnected from its clients error message RRS feed

• Question

• My macro uses Internet Explorer to open PeopleSoft Financials and then run a public query. It has been working for a long time until recently. I'm aware of an update to Internet Explorer on our machines in early July and am wondering if that has caused this issue.

The macro is throwing an "Object has disconnected from its clients" error message.

Here is how the variable for Internet Explorer is defined:

Public ExpApp As InternetExplorer

Here is the code where the error is thown: 

Set ExpApp = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") ExpApp.Visible = True 

ExpApp.navigate vLogin 

Do Until ExpApp.readyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE  (ERROR)  MyTimer 
    Loop 

Do Until ExpApp.document.Title <> 'PeopleSoft 8 Sign-in' MyTimer 
    Loop 

Do Until ExpApp.readyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE 
    MyTimer 
    Loop 

Login is a string with the URL to the PeopleSoft login screen (which works).

MyTimer is a little function that waits 1 second each time it is kicked off.

This macro has been around a while so I imagine that this is pretty old code. I'm hoping there are a few minor changes I could make instead of re-writing this macro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help......

Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:50 PM

All replies

• Hi shaves99,

Based on your description and code, can you please tell me that your application is vb.net or vba?  Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

If your issue is related to vba, please refer that:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 25, 2017 1:48 AM
  • Sorry.............I was pointed to this forum as the correct one.  I'll re-post my question in  the forum you suggest.  Thanks.....
    Friday, August 25, 2017 1:41 PM