WHS sign on security add extra word RRS feed

• Question

• I've always prefereed those websites that provide a word (readable by humans - some are too scrambled)  to type in before the log in is accepted. This stops people using software to tryout multiple logins until it scores a hit. I myself have used the services of some shady internet dealers to get an emaillogin (it was one of mine from teh past taht I'd lost all tarck of but needed soemthing).
    is there anyway Microsoft could provide this functionality or someone out there provide an addin . It must be pretty bog standard as laods of sites have this feature. I'd feel much better having port 80 open (I currently have closed it on my router) but there's still port 443
    Monday, January 18, 2010 5:07 PM

Answers

• The technology is called CAPTCHA. The Windows Home Server remote access web site is an ASP.Net application, so the application would need to be changed to support this additional authentication element. Unfortunately, that requires Microsoft.

You should submit a product suggestion on Connect if you fee strongly about this.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, January 18, 2010 6:31 PM