CRM 2011 hide fields from advanced find based on security role. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I want to hide fields from advanced find based on the security role in CRM 2011. I know 'Field level security ' is available in 2011, but it is restricted to form only. But I want to hide the same field in advanced find based on security role. So what are the fields available in particular form based on the security role, only that fields searchable in advanced find of CRM 2011. Please let me know how to do this?

I would be very happy if anybody share me the valuable information.

Thanks & Regards, Sudhakar
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:58 AM

Answers

• Dear All,

I want to hide fields from advanced find based on the security role in CRM 2011. I know 'Field level security ' is available in 2011, but it is restricted to form only.

Sorry for the late reply, I only just noticed this thread.

Field level security is separate from normal security roles, and is not restricted to working on forms, rather it is honoured throughout CRM regardless of how the user accesses the data in Outlook or the browser, on forms, in views, advanced find or reports, and any method which uses the CRM SDK.

Properly used they are an ideal solution to some specific use cases, far better than on-form jscript and basically they do what they are described as doing, in all scenarios.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps Adam Vero MCT
    Monday, November 28, 2011 10:20 PM

All replies

• how about develop a plugin to capture the retrieve message?
    daemon lin
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Dear All,

I want to hide fields from advanced find based on the security role in CRM 2011. I know 'Field level security ' is available in 2011, but it is restricted to form only.

Sorry for the late reply, I only just noticed this thread.

Field level security is separate from normal security roles, and is not restricted to working on forms, rather it is honoured throughout CRM regardless of how the user accesses the data in Outlook or the browser, on forms, in views, advanced find or reports, and any method which uses the CRM SDK.

Properly used they are an ideal solution to some specific use cases, far better than on-form jscript and basically they do what they are described as doing, in all scenarios.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps Adam Vero MCT
    Monday, November 28, 2011 10:20 PM