More than 2 hubs on one computer RRS feed

• Question

• OneCare limits 3 pcs in circle. Can I have 2 or more Hubs on Hub computer? Can I have 2 or more licensed OneCare programs on 1 computer. This would allow me to manage 5 pcs divided as 1 hub with 2 pcs in first license and a second hub with 2 pcs on second license. Both hubs would be on 1 pc. Would I be able to open both programs together in different windows or only open 1 OneCare Hub at at time? Or would I need to only open 1 OneCare program at a time?Would this work? Or something like this idea? Could I have more than 3 pcs on a license but only 3 pcs can be running at any one time. Most of the time all 5 pcs are not on at the same time. 

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:39 AM

Answers

• No, and installation of OneCare is part of a Circle because it is activated with a common LiveID - the Subscription ID. You can't have more than one copy of OneCare installed.

If you choose to make a PC into a Hub, it can only see the other 2 PCs activated with the same LiveID.

-steve

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:52 PM

All replies

• No, and installation of OneCare is part of a Circle because it is activated with a common LiveID - the Subscription ID. You can't have more than one copy of OneCare installed.

If you choose to make a PC into a Hub, it can only see the other 2 PCs activated with the same LiveID.

-steve

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:52 PM
  • Any reason for OneCare not being able to support more that three computers? I have 6 including the laptops. I like One Care but guess I should look elsewhere.

Sunday, March 2, 2008 4:11 PM
  • The reason at this time is that a license is for 3 computers. Technically, you can activate more than 3 computers on the same LiveID and monitor them from a single hub, but this is against the terms of the license.

-steve

Saturday, March 8, 2008 1:19 AM