Client Restore Disk: Does it need to be updated with PowerPack 1? RRS feed

• Question

• If you update to Power Pack 1, do you also have to create a new recovery CD for your client computers -- or will the original factory disk work?

I notice you can download an ISO file of the recovery CD. If a new version of the restore CD is indicated, is there a way we can tell that we have the latest version?

Monday, August 25, 2008 1:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, get the new disk here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=26881305-91cc-4f37-b1fc-3813c423df2c&DisplayLang=en

Remember to burn the image to disk, not just copy files.

Probably the easiest way to know if you have the latest is to stay in touch with:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=2191C786-5371-4F57-8C1F-9E8F052AC847#

Monday, August 25, 2008 1:46 AM
  •  Ambusticated wrote:

If you update to Power Pack 1, do you also have to create a new recovery CD for your client computers -- or will the original factory disk work?

I notice you can download an ISO file of the recovery CD. If a new version of the restore CD is indicated, is there a way we can tell that we have the latest version?

Do you have an HP MediaSmart Server? If you do, then you need to get an updated set from HP when they release them; otherwise, you can download the updates from the link Bobsie provided.

Thank you

Lara Jones [MS]

Monday, August 25, 2008 1:52 AM
  • No, this is a "home grown" version.

Monday, August 25, 2008 1:53 AM
  • Awesome, thanks!

Monday, August 25, 2008 1:54 AM
  •  

Are you suggesting that the ISO file from Microsoft does not work on those that own an HP MediaSmart Server? It seems like it would be the same bootup recovery CD either way?

Monday, August 25, 2008 4:22 AM
  •  markeboyle wrote:

Are you suggesting that the ISO file from Microsoft does not work on those that own an HP MediaSmart Server? It seems like it would be the same bootup recovery CD either way?

I did a test restore on 2 of my PCs and it worked just fine. I have a HP EX470.

Monday, August 25, 2008 4:33 AM
  • Mark, any changes that HP might have made would be related to branding only. The Restore CD has only one function, to restore disk images.
    Monday, August 25, 2008 11:38 AM