Site indexing in Live is strange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I submitted my site http://www.clubnat.org.uk to Live a year ago and i am still not correctly indexed in the Live search engine.
    If I search for ClubNat it is not found. If I search for ClubNat.org.uk it is not found and if I search for "ClubNat.org.uk" it's not found however if I search for "ClubNat.org" it is found. Would appreciate if anyone could offer some advice / assistance.

The site is indexed but just not being found with even the most obvious search terms ... Google, Yahoo, Lycos etc indexed it within days and obvious searches like ClubNat are bringing it out on top.

Thanks

Cindy
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The main problem still remains that you are ranking extremely low in our index. That said, it also looks like your site is being picked up in the main index, but not for the UK market. Here's the result in the main index for the same query: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=clubnat.org.uk&src=IE-SearchBox

To fix this, try adding <meta http-equiv="content-language" content="en-gb"> just under the Meta description tag on your pages.

Brett

Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

unfortunately, you are ranking extremely low. I suggest reading our ranking and indexing FAQs located on those forums. They can provide some information on how our crawler works and what you can do to help increase your rank. Don't forget that we use both on-page and off-page factors.

Brett
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:19 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Club-Secretary Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:18 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Could I ask how a site (www.spanishbeauty.me.uk) that doesn't even contain the text ClubNat is ranked No. 1 when you search for the text ClubNat in Live Search. I have searched the on-page and off-page factors of that site and there is nothing even remotely like ClubNat contained within .

If I search for ClubNat.org.uk in Live Search only 5 pages/sites are found for the entire WWW and my site isn't one of them. It is finding the text "San Francisco B&G Club (Nat Org)" on these 5 sites but it is unable to find my site.

If I search for the text "ClubNat.org.uk" (including quotes) I get the following hits:

In Google - 231 hits
    In Yahoo - 69 hits
    In Lycos - 72 hits
    In AltaVista - 69 hits
    In alltheweb - 63 hits
    In metacrawler - 11 hits
    In Live - 0 yes I do mean ZERO

Live Search is not even finding links, postings, reviews etc that appear on other websites so there is something very strange going on with Live Search. Could someone please explain what on earth is going on because there is NOTHING in the ranking and indexing FAQ to explain this.

Thanks again

Cindy
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:35 AM
  • Brett,

If I search for "ClubNat.org" (including quotes) in Live Search I am ranked No. 1
    If I search for "ClubNat.org.uk" (including quotes) then Live Search does not find anything.

When you consider that my domain is ClubNat.org.uk this would imply something more serious than Live Search ranking my site "extremely low". There is something fundamentally wrong with the Live Search algorithm and as such I would appreciate a little more of a considered response to this.

Thanks again

Cindy
    Friday, February 20, 2009 11:15 AM
  • Hi Brett,

I know you're a busy chap but I really would appreciate you having a closer look at this one.

Thanks

Cindy
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

The main problem still remains that you are ranking extremely low in our index. That said, it also looks like your site is being picked up in the main index, but not for the UK market. Here's the result in the main index for the same query: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=clubnat.org.uk&src=IE-SearchBox

To fix this, try adding <meta http-equiv="content-language" content="en-gb"> just under the Meta description tag on your pages.

Brett

• Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:34 PM
  • Club-Secretary said:

Hi Brett,

Could I ask how a site (www.spanishbeauty.me.uk) that doesn't even contain the text ClubNat is ranked No. 1 when you search for the text ClubNat in Live Search. I have searched the on-page and off-page factors of that site and there is nothing even remotely like ClubNat contained within .

If I search for ClubNat.org.uk in Live Search only 5 pages/sites are found for the entire WWW and my site isn't one of them. It is finding the text "San Francisco B&G Club (Nat Org)" on these 5 sites but it is unable to find my site.

If I search for the text "ClubNat.org.uk" (including quotes) I get the following hits:

In Google - 231 hits
    In Yahoo - 69 hits
    In Lycos - 72 hits
    In AltaVista - 69 hits
    In alltheweb - 63 hits
    In metacrawler - 11 hits
    In Live - 0 yes I do mean ZERO

Live Search is not even finding links, postings, reviews etc that appear on other websites so there is something very strange going on with Live Search. Could someone please explain what on earth is going on because there is NOTHING in the ranking and indexing FAQ to explain this.

Thanks again

Cindy

I've the same problem with my site www.clubdownload.com.ar. MSN Bot dont craw my pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:32 PM
  • my problem still, i trie to find www.club-download.com / www.club-download.com/webmail in msn search and dont found any results
    Admin of: HTTP://www.clubdownload.com.ar & http://www.leonardosasso.com.ar MCP & Developer
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:01 PM