"Add-->Email" button from Opportunity with Outlook window doesn't work or popup remains in background RRS feed

• Question

• Since we've updated our machines from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and upgraded from Office 2011 to Office 2013, there are some users that have a non-functioning "Add-->Email" button on the ribbon (Opportunity, Account, Contact, etc).

This only happens in CRM for Outlook (and only when you have setup "E-Mail" as the CRM for Outlook window).

When users try to add an email to their opportunity, and click the "Add-->Email" button, nothing happens, or the popup remains in the background and it is very hard to find.

Only a reboot works as a temporary solution. Removing the CRM temp files from "Diagnostics" doesn't help either.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:48 PM

All replies

• Hi APWIP,

What's your CRM version and what's the update rollup level on the server and the client?

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:52 PM
  • Hi,

Apologies for leaving out the CRM version. It is CRM 2011 on-premise with roll-up 16 and the clients are also rollup 16.

I looked through the bug fix list for roll-up 17, but nothing was mentioned regarding fixing the "Add-->E-mail" button.

Regards,

Chris

Friday, September 5, 2014 12:21 AM
  • Hi Chris,

I believe UR 17 introduced the compatibility with Windows 8.1 and running Outlook 2013. I am not sure if this is a bug or not. It can be a compatibility issue. 

INTRODUCTION

Update Rollup 17 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in this update rollup. 

This update rollup is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.

Important Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 17 introduces compatibility with Internet Explorer 11 when it runs in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. This includes the following supported configurations: 
    • The web application when it runs in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1-based or Windows 7-based computer
    • Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook (CRM 2011 client) when you run Office 2013 in Windows 8.1

Friday, September 5, 2014 1:01 AM
  • Thanks for that Eranger. I will update the roll-up and let you know if that does the trick.
    Friday, September 5, 2014 1:56 AM