none
Node Template changed from "pre-configured" to "Bare netal" after deployment

Question

• Hi everyone,

I deployed a headnode an a single compute node in HPC Server 2008, both of which had Server 08 and HPC installed. I called the template I created for this compute node "pre-configured". To streamline future compute nodes deplyment, I also created a "bare metal" node template, wichi includes Windows OS image step. When I finished the deplyment process, looking in the Node Management tab, I see that the template assigned for the compute node is the "bare-metal" one I created rather then the "pre-configured" which I used to deploy that node. Any clue as to whiy this is andif and how can I fix it? Other than that everything seems fine. Thanks.

Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:17 AM

Answers

• Thanks Patric,

In my case I only deployed one compute node, which was pre-configured, so there's no chance of confusion. After it's deployment I created the "bare-meta" template so that deplyment of future nodes will be simpler. I guess that at that point some mix-up occured, in which the single deployed node was assigned with this newly prepared "bare-metal" template. Since the two templates are the same as far as maintainance tasks go, I re-assigned it with the original "pre-configured" template and everything seems fine. Thanks again.

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:23 PM

All replies

• Yes, that is odd. Which template did you initially assign to your compute node after you installed the HPC pack on it?

If everything's working fine, then you might like to double-check whether the individual node templates are actually named correctly. If you just want to make sure that your compute node shows up as being associated your "pre-configured" node template, then it's OK to assign the template to the compute node again. i.e. Once you're sure which is the "pre-configured" node template, you should be able to just take your compute node offline and assign this "pre-configured" template to it.

Regards,

Patrick

Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:51 AM
  • Thanks Patric,

In my case I only deployed one compute node, which was pre-configured, so there's no chance of confusion. After it's deployment I created the "bare-meta" template so that deplyment of future nodes will be simpler. I guess that at that point some mix-up occured, in which the single deployed node was assigned with this newly prepared "bare-metal" template. Since the two templates are the same as far as maintainance tasks go, I re-assigned it with the original "pre-configured" template and everything seems fine. Thanks again.

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:23 PM