How to work with CRM 2011 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm very new to CRM and I'm using CRM 2011. I have googled and got CRM SDK having sample C# codes for CRM customization. But Im confused how we integrate the code we are writing into CRM since it is a C# code that I can run separately through Web application or console application.

How can I integrate the code into CRM?

Please help

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:33 PM

All replies

• You have a couple of C# options with the SDK, depending on what you want to do.

1. You can write Console applications that interact with CRM or perform integrations with other systems.  There are several example apps in the SDK that show how to do this, or do a search and you will see some.

2. You can write Plugins to add to your CRM instance that will execute code when specific messages occur.  If you are familar with SQL, Plugins can be best equated to SQL Triggers.

If you use Visual Studio, you can add the CRM developers toolkit to it, which will connect to your CRM instance and allow you to auto-generate some plugin code.  

I hope this helps!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:15 PM
  • Hey rafemuhammed,

Additionally you have Custom Workflow Activities that can also be developed via the CRM SDK and be called from Workflows. These activities are essentially similar to Plugins, but can be invoked within workflow logic that you've previously created from the Workflow Wizard in CRM.

If you are not familiar with Workflows, I'd suggest you start there to have a better understanding at how they can help you achieve your functional goals, as well as at how these are implemented and triggered (context). Understanding the available messages, Pre/Post events and Pre/Post images is the way to go!

A few links that might help you out:

Dynamics CRM - Creating Workflows (training)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309471.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309745(v=crm.5).aspx

Hope this was helpful,

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:13 PM