Error message An internal error occurred in Windows Home server RRS feed

• Question

• I removed a disk from my Windows Home Server. Since that task has been completed my "Network is at Risk" and if I look for details I get the error message that an internal error occurred on some files, but no further details to identify on how to resolve the problem.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 7:19 PM

All replies

• Are you saying that you successfully used the console to remove the drive, with no warnings about possible file or backup loss during the process, but now you have errors after the drive removal finished successfully? Can you submit a bug report on Connect? Please be sure to collect and submit logs from the server using the WHS toolkit.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 2, 2009 7:23 PM
  • Hi Ken

Yes I used the WHS console and removing the drive was successful. I did not get any error messages or warnings at all. I don't know about a bugreport that might have been generated, where can I find it? Clicking on the Network At risk icon I get the message that there are file conflicts for my shared folder. Hope this additional information helps.
    Eberhard
    Monday, March 2, 2009 7:31 PM
  • I suggest the bug report because in the scenario you describe I think there's something wrong, possibly seriously so. but I'm not sure what. Submitting a bug report with server logs will allow Microsoft to investigate your issue in some detail, which is difficult/impossible to do here in the forums.

You will need to follow the link I provided to submit a bug report. If you have not done so thus far, you would have to subscribe to Connect and join the Windows Home Server "beta" program.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 2, 2009 8:55 PM