failed validation of windows officeXP RRS feed

• Question

• I have gone through the validation process and apparently I have a pirated copy as my keycode was issued to a large corporate customer.  My question is: how long will Microsoft allow me to continue using the "pirated" copy?  I don't qualify for the complimentary replacement and don't have the funds at the moment to purchase a new genuine copy.

Thank you for your help.
    Candi
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:10 PM

Answers

• Good Morning Candi,

Thank your for posting in the WGA Forum today. Curious where did you actually purchase the non-genuine version of Windows? Candi it isn't a question of how long should you be permitted to use the non-genuine copy but a question of using the non-genuine copy. Under NO circumstances should anyone use ISO images for software from a P2P file sharing site or use a second-hand burned copies of software. Research has shown that about half of the software copies available on P2P download sites are infected with root kits, spyware, Trojans, and other potentially harmful malware. One file in particular was very alarming.  This file was an administrator account giving the attacker full control over both your system and data.  I would be very concerned about your system integrity because Windows is non-genuine. Hopefully all of your files are not currently infected.
    You will continue receiving messaging and the background will change to black. 

Also you can file a piracy report by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/priacy.

Thank you,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:40 PM