Xbox Dev Mode Companion connects but the window hangs RRS feed

• Question

• Xbox Dev Mode Companion used to work great, but about a month ago it just stopped. I can connect to the xbox and I hear whatever audio is on the xbox, but the window stays blank completely unresponsive - I need to use task manager to kill the app. Any ideas how to fix it?
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 10:41 PM

All replies

• Hi MCorgano,

The problem is not related to UWP development and it is not in the scope of UWP forum. I suggest that you might need to ask about this in the Answers forum.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:19 AM
  • Can you help me find the right section? I was pointed here by a microsoft live help chat, not sure where to go.
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:58 PM
  • I don't understand how this is not related to UWP development. This app is designed to complement Xbox dev mode which is what is used to do UWP development on Xbox. 

I feel like Microsoft leaves us Xbox UWP developers hanging. Every time I have an issue that is specific to building UWP apps for Xbox, I find very little help. 

If a post like this is not appropriate for a UWP development forum, then maybe we need an Xbox UWP developers forum???

Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:18 AM