Archiving DVD's on Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• We have a bunch of DVD's and VHS tapes that I am slowly converting over to MP2 files.  I've built a test Home Server and a second test machine running Windows 7 Media Center to see how this setup works for storing and playing back our movies and stuff.

I copied some of the DVD's and home movies over to the shared Video folder on the Home Server.  However when I go to Movies on the Media Center, they do not show up at all. 

Where on the Home Server do I store these movies so they show up?
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 11:27 PM

All replies

• Two questions:
    1. Are you certain that you're converting to a format that your Media Center PC supports?
    2. Have you added the appropriate shares on the server to the Mecia Center library, so that WMC will look for files there?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 4:01 PM
  • You can use SlySoft AnyDVD to copy the DVD to the homeserver.  Coupled with MyMovies For Windows HomeServer you can watch movies from your homeserver.  You can download the MyMovies Server and Client from www.mymovies.dk
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:29 PM
  • The MyMovies application is terrific for creating an interface to stored movies. As far as I can tell you have to manually search and add each movie when added to library but its worth it.
    Friday, September 4, 2009 10:10 PM