Remote web access media sharing: Does it scan the media each new connection ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Just a little question about the media sharing part of Remote web access.

Does it rescan all the media each time the user logon the site ?

Sometimes when I log in, on the media librairy panel it display wrong values. ie 3000 songs instead of 4051, 4000 pictures instead of 10073. As I have less videos, the 443 is good each time.

And when I enter the music librairy, it looks like it recreate thumbnails each new session, then it feel really slow sometimes.

This is not a bandwith issue, even in local network it can take long seconds for this.

My server is on a Core2 Duo E6600 with 2GB of RAM, hosted by an Hyper-V core server (4GB Total RAM) with SATA passtrough HDD

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:50 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

RWA media sharing won't rescan all the media each time the user logons the site.

The rescanning will be triggered when new media files are added/removed on the server box.

For your symptom, it's actually a temporary issue. In short, media streaming backend cannot provide up-to-date library information to Remote Web Access site. It sometimes happens to the first logon after the server box reboots. Another refresh of the page will trigger retrieving data from media streaming backend again and solve the issue.

Thanks

Li Hong
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

RWA media sharing won't rescan all the media each time the user logons the site.

The rescanning will be triggered when new media files are added/removed on the server box.

For your symptom, it's actually a temporary issue. In short, media streaming backend cannot provide up-to-date library information to Remote Web Access site. It sometimes happens to the first logon after the server box reboots. Another refresh of the page will trigger retrieving data from media streaming backend again and solve the issue.

Thanks

Li Hong
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:34 AM
  • ok thanks for the answer :)
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:14 PM