Deleting Contacts for all Users OCS 2007 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently testing OCS 2007 R2 in our test labs and ran into some trouble clearing the users contact list. Basically, we populate new users contacts lists using the lcsaddcontacts.wsf and lcsaddaces.wsf scripts from the resource kit. We segregate the contacts into different contacts groups based on their OU.

However, due to some changes in OU membership, we will need to rerun the script to add the users to a their new Contact Groups, unfortunately I did not delete the contacts before rerunning the script so the import created duplicate entries in different groups. So for example, user1@fabrikam.com will have 2 entries, one in Group1 and one in Group2.

I've been doing some reading on the lcsaddcontacts /delete option and tried to clear all users contacts list using

cscript lcsaddcontacts.wsf /usersfile:allusers.txt /contactsfile:allusers.txt /delete

but i keep getting the errors "[err] invalid line in allusers.txt" 'sip:user1@fabrikam.com' "for each entry in my list.

I've checked that the sips in the list are valid and each entry has a valid SIP account in OCS.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:38 AM

All replies

• hi
    I also run into the same issue when delete the contactsfile, so i only manually deleted them.
    And i also look up the script of the lcsaddcontacts.wsf , i find out that below
    There are two functions for addcontact and addcontacts, but there is noly one function for deletecontact.
    So I think that the lcsaddcontacts.wsf has no function for delete the group for many contacts.
    Those just my opinion.
    And i will do more research about it, then let you know.

Regards!
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:00 AM
  • Hello,

Try this tool; it may help :

Regards,
    Mohammad Saeed
    Friday, December 18, 2009 11:41 AM