CRM 2011 Customer Portal Case Notes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm looking for some guidance in regards to Cases and Case Notes.  We need a way to mark Case Notes as public or private so that internal notes between Customer Service Representatives are not displayed on the Customer Portal if we choose so.

I have an idea on how to do this but I'd like some verification.  I assume I can create a custom attribute called lets say 'Public' for the Note Entity which can be set with a custom field on a CRM form. Then somehow filter Case Notes in the Customer Portal based on this custom attribute.

What are your thoughts on this?  Can this be achieved easily?  Do you see any issues with this?  Thanks in advance.

sqlrepl.com
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:05 PM

Answers

• The case view already implements this as a filter.  If the comment contains *Web*, then it will be shown as a note on the portal.  Other notes that do not contain *Web* are not listed in the portal.  No coding is required!
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 4:11 AM

All replies

• The case view already implements this as a filter.  If the comment contains *Web*, then it will be shown as a note on the portal.  Other notes that do not contain *Web* are not listed in the portal.  No coding is required!
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 4:11 AM
  • Very cool.

I just looked through the Administration Guide and sure enough, there it is.  This is great news.

Thanks Shan, I'll read the manual next time.

sqlrepl.com
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:06 AM