WHS Backup Database-Backup (BDBB) Add-In RRS feed

All replies

• This looks like something very useful and I want to try it out.  Just a couple of questions first.  I have 3.0 TB in my WHS with 2.3 TB being used at the monent.  And, with PP1 it is working wonderfully!  So, I don't want to screw it up.  If I add a hard drive to the WHS and use the Server Backup feature (is that correct), what size hard drive do I need?  Do I need more than one hard drive added?  Just need some clarification please as I am not an IT geek!  Thanks.

Ted

Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:09 PM
  • Look at how much space your Backups are consuming, that's available on the Server Storage tab, because you'll want a drive big enough to contain that entire backup database.
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 10:39 PM
  • OK.  It says Shared Folders 587GB, Duplications 587GB, PC Backups 1TB, System 135GB and Free Space 1TB.  Do I need to cover all of that or just the PC Backups at 1TB?

Ted

Friday, August 15, 2008 1:22 PM
  • Just the PC Backups.
    Friday, August 15, 2008 7:23 PM
  • Thanks.  Sorry if it sounded like a dumb question but I just wanted to be sure!!

Ted

Saturday, August 16, 2008 7:29 PM
  • OK, I ran your addin and it worked just great.  Only question now is under Computers & Backup, Server is shown as Not Backed Up.  Is this an error or a bug?  What do I do now?  Thanks again.

Ted

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Ted,

That entry under C&B, allows you to back up your Shared Folders, so it sounds as though you haven't done it yet.  You can highlight the entry, then either click on the 'backup Now' button on the top line, or 'right-click' and do the same. This will then offer you the selection boxes to choose which Shared Folders to back up.

Colin

Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:09 PM
  • Duh...okay.  I had actually backed up the Shared Folders previously to an external drive but by using Explorer to copy them over.  Thought WHS had remembered!  Thanks for the clarification.

Ted

Friday, August 29, 2008 7:57 PM