none
My post was marked as spam for some reason RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i have created a thread, about the problem that i had with symbols after recent windows update in WinDbg.

Here is my thread

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c3a349a9-2de5-49ee-9a35-763365729bcd/cannot-load-kernel-symbols-with-windbg-after-kb4019472-update?forum=wdk

Why was it flagged as spam, and if you flagged it because of incorrect forum, tell me please where i should post it

Thanks

Thursday, May 11, 2017 9:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Lately this happens when really you just need to have your account verified. You need to post in the current verification thread here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/054fddac-7164-4412-a077-f57ba5dd9e5d/verify-your-account-38?forum=reportabug

The current verification thread periodically changes, but is always a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, May 11, 2017 9:14 AM
  • I have never suggested that anyone with more than 5 points needs to have their account verified.

Anyone with more than about 5 points who gets a message when they save a reply that their message has been flagged as spam, must have triggered the auto spam filter. That might be very rare, as I don't recall it ever being reported by a legitimate user.

Anyone with zero points needs to have their account verified before they can post links or images. This is to prevent spammers. Unfortunately, the message is poorly worded so that new users are misled.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:14 PM
  • This current thread is not about posting "links or images".  It is about having a post deleted, getting a message about it being spam, and being directed here.  If you haven't personally had this experience, you should take the words of those who have reported it, don't you think?

When a new (unverified) user attempts to post links or images then the anti-spam logic would trigger and prevent that. The solution is to get verified. If a post was marked spam and deleted (hidden form view) then only moderators in that forum or forums admins can restore it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:00 PM
  • In this thread, the OP needs to have his account verified. The thread he linked was never flagged as spam (I checked a few minutes after the original post), despite the poorly worded message he got. His post remains and has a reply, but the OP has zero points.

In the thread you linked, I don't believe johnqflorida had a post flagged as spam. At least he never stated so. I think he was complaining about the experience of others. Paladyne said he had a post flagged as spam when he clicked save, and it was never saved. That is the first time I have seen that reported. In both cases these people were directed to email fissues. If there is a problem with the spam filter, only the forum admins can investigate and escalate the issue to the developers. If the post was deleted immediately after it was saved, only a moderator in the specific forum (or a forum admin) can find it and view who deleted it.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:04 PM
  • They both are active and good users. I know John who is quite active in SQL Server forums, he is a very knowledgeable user.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:05 PM
  • I am wondering when the forum's software people will adjust that badly written message to not confuse anyone?

Richard, Dave, did you already ask about it at fissues?

UPDATE. I went ahead and emailed fissues a moment ago myself. It would not hurt if you'll email as well.

And this is the reply I got:

Hi Naomi,

We have cleared abusive on this post. Please have a check. Thanks!

Regards,

Bharath

-----------------------

Obviously he didn't understand what I meant so I had to send another email.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:06 PM