none
Can we get some settings/persistance with respect to the 'format code block' dialog? RRS feed

• Question

• Pretty simple, it would be nice if the language I select from the format code block dialog could be either written as a cookie, or better yet, to my profile on the server. This way each time I bring up that dialog to format a block of code, it would default to VB (in my case) or whatever language the forum user selects.

Either allow a default selection, or simply always remember the last selection the user made. Most people tend to post code examples and such in 1 specific language, or at least the majority is going to be in 1 language, and it takes out that extra step (which I often overlook) of selecting the language each time.

Currently as it stands even if I do 1 code blocks in the same post, it still does not persist the language formatting selection.

Thanks and keep up the great work on these new forums!.
    Matt Kleinwaks - MSMVP MSDN Forums Moderator - www.zerosandtheone.com - visit my website for a chance to win an MSDN subscription.
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:02 PM

All replies

• Thanks Matt,
    We'll get this on our backlog I think it's a good idea and we've had some asks for it already to at least default to C# for the C# forums and VB for the VB forums.
    Sam Jarawan Social Platform Forums - Senior Development Lead
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:17 AM