Reinstalling Windows in new computer RRS feed

• Question

• i purchased windows 7 home six months ago and got it installed on my PC [AMD/ASUS] . i had to condemn this computer for various reasons two months ago. when i reinstal the windows7 with the new computer, there has been notifications that the software is pirated. security essentials threatens to stop working in 28 days.

the old PC is no more working. how to resolve this issue?

someone please advise me!

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:36 AM

Answers

• To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post. (please do not edit the report.)

Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:28 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post. (please do not edit the report.)

Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:28 AM
    Answerer
  • Was the Windows license a Full Retail, an Upgrade, or an OEM one?

Did it ever activate properly on the new machine??

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:14 AM