About the Dinamic Template plugin

• Ok, first please sorry my poor grammar, I don't have enought practice and I don't like to use online translators.

I just try 2 things with this plugin

First I try to create a template to insert the more tag in my blooger blog. The tag is this

I try this ways

<% respond.write ("<!--more-->") %>

but the error is

compile error
    CS1002: ; waiting (I translate to english because my WLW is in spanish)

Ok, I add the ; at the end like this

<% respond.write ("<!--more-->"); %>

but the error si CS1003 the name respond is not exist under this context (or something like this)

I understand that is something about sintaxis but I don't know how to fix it. I know only classic asp.

The second thing is this. I want to modify this template:

Artículo Fuente : <a href="<%= fuente%>" target="_blank"><b><%= titulo%></b></a><br>
    Autor / Publicado por : <%= autor%><br>
    Web Site / Blog :  <a href="<%= url%>" target="_blank"><b><%= web%></a></b>
    Artículo Fuente : <a href="<%= fuente2%>" target="_blank"><b><%= titulo2%></b></a><br>
    Autor / Publicado por : <%= autor2%><br>
    Web Site / Blog :  <a href="<%= url2%>" target="_blank"><b><%= web2%></a></b>

If fuente2 is empty nothing happend but if is not empty so write all.

How can I do those things?
    I hope that I can explain well and my grammar is not to bad.

Regards from Lima, Perú

Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:51 AM

All replies

• I think your over complicating it.

Just create the <!--more--> tag and you should be done.

There's not need to create any extra HTML/PHP code. The template you create will be inject right in to the article. I did this with other blogs/themes.

I hope this helps...

Sunday, April 25, 2010 6:30 PM
  • Thanks Larry..... of course I know that but I like to, how to said, make an automatic process, not only go to the source and write or copy & paste the tag. But well, maybe this is not important, but the other point, the if else endif question is the more interesting for me.

Sorry my grammar

Regards from Lima, Perú

Monday, April 26, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Sorry that didn't help more...

I think what your looking for is more of a server side blog function, unless you've an option on your blog that allows for those type commands embedded in the post. I don't believe Wordpress will allow you to put those in there like that [not that I've seen]- and that would've nothing to do with Windows Live Writer.

Have a nice day!

Monday, April 26, 2010 11:27 PM
  • Thanks Larry, but my question is about the plugin Dynamic Template. Nothing about servers, only about this plugin.

Joe Cheng wrote it, but his blog is not update since February. Do you know about this plugin? Perhaps if you don't use it you don't understan my question, I guess of course.

When you create a template with this plugin you must use some, I guess, sintaxis, but in this case I don't know how to do it. For that reason I said that I want to know how to replase the

response.write("<!-- more -->")

for the right sintaxis...  the same whith the other question... 

Thanks for your time and if you know how can I contact Joe Cheng...  you make me happy my friend jejejeje

Regars from Lima, Perú

Monday, April 26, 2010 11:35 PM
  • My direct point was, I don't see how you're going to get what you want from Dynamic Template. I've used it, I normally recommend it, and I know what it does, and I don't think your going to achieve the goal you want with it.

And my suggestion was that 'it sounded like' a server side function. Maybe you didn't understand...

His email address is in the title of the page.

Have a nice day.

L. Henry Jr.

• Proposed as answer by lehenryjr Wednesday, April 28, 2010 1:27 PM
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:33 AM