OCS Communicator only redirect calls to Voicemail RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are currently in the process of implementing Public Beta 3 in our office and are intending to migrate some users slowly by allowing them to have a traditional phone, but via the PBX have this twinned so that on an incoming call the MOC client will also ring. The problem we are coming across is that when the user signs out of their MOC all calls are re-routed to voicemail. When looking at the Call-Forwarding Settings in the MOC there is a section for amending 'Redirect unanswered calls to:' which I would like to change so that when the MOC is closed calls would automatically be routed elsewhere.

Now either there is a setting that I have missed or is their a fault, when I change the rediect to Mobile, or New Number, the Voicemail setting comes straight back and I can not change it.

Or is this not even where I should be looking? We do not want the users to have to manually set up call forwarding on their MOC every night before they leave.

Any assistance is gratefully appreciated.

Paul

Monday, May 21, 2007 4:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul.

Communicator 2007 doesn't support twinning phone calls from PBX, but remote call control is supported.  In RCC deployment, PBX will fork the call to Communicator but will not redirect it to voicemail directly if user is signed out of Communicator.  It will redirect to voicemail only after call is unanswered.

Hope this helps,

Ankit

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:58 PM
  • Hello,

By default with the OC 2007 client if you disable call forwarding and then choose to redirect unanswered calls to a certain number, this option should stay in place until the user changes it or a different user logs on to the computer that hosts OC 2007. Microsoft to date does not provide any group policy for call redirection of unanswered calls. However, the OC client does allow this configuration to be active only during the working hours that are defined by the Tools, Options, Calander options in the OL 200x Calander view. The OC 2007 call forwarding settings will allow this when enabled. Perhaps pou should see if there is a group policy that was deployed with your PBX gateway for integration purposes that could be resetting your OC 2007 client settings.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? It doesn't look like many people have had experience with this sort of issue. I will keep looking for some additional resources, but in the meantime, can you let us know your status?

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:10 PM
  • Hi Paul.

Communicator 2007 doesn't support twinning phone calls from PBX, but remote call control is supported.  In RCC deployment, PBX will fork the call to Communicator but will not redirect it to voicemail directly if user is signed out of Communicator.  It will redirect to voicemail only after call is unanswered.

Hope this helps,

Ankit

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:58 PM
  • Hello,

By default with the OC 2007 client if you disable call forwarding and then choose to redirect unanswered calls to a certain number, this option should stay in place until the user changes it or a different user logs on to the computer that hosts OC 2007. Microsoft to date does not provide any group policy for call redirection of unanswered calls. However, the OC client does allow this configuration to be active only during the working hours that are defined by the Tools, Options, Calander options in the OL 200x Calander view. The OC 2007 call forwarding settings will allow this when enabled. Perhaps pou should see if there is a group policy that was deployed with your PBX gateway for integration purposes that could be resetting your OC 2007 client settings.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:22 PM