Fetch xml prefilter not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

having an issue getting a new report working the way it needs to on a basic level (before adding all fields etc.)

I need to make a quote report but prefiltering is not working, when the report runs its not context sensitive as it should be and when run from the list view I dont get the expected initial selection box (select all records etc.). 

Below is the simple fetch xml I'm using.

[fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false"]
    [entity name="quote" enableprefiltering="true" prefilterparametername="QuoteFilter"]
    [attribute name="name"/]
    [attribute name="quoteid"/]
    [/entity]
    [/fetch]

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:54 AM

Answers

• Ok i had the same issue, so built new report with exactly the same parameters and hey presto it works, the report must have had something wrong with it and starting again worked fine.
    • Marked as answer by duddit2 Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi

Are you running this report from Entity Grid (listing all the records)

Or

From Reports List / Form.

In the latter case, you will not get the option to make choice between pick selected records or all records

• Edited by CRMDevlpr Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:23 AM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:22 AM
  • I've tried all and I know that I should only see the option when running it form the list of quotes (entity grid). 

The issue though is that its simply not running on the report selected, its not applying context to the report. The quote the report shows is unrelated. 

With the prefilter I should see the quote I run it on (from the quote form) but this isnt the case, cant work out whats wrong. 

Currently installing ssdt for VS 2010 and the latest authoring extension addon to make sure its nothing to do with versions my end. 

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:29 AM
  • Hi

I am not sure on this but did you try to use value of enableprefiltering as 1 and not true.

MSDN says, we should use 1.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328288.aspx#Fetch_basedPre_filtering

See if that changes anything for you !

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:35 AM
  • will try now, cant believe I didn't think of this!!! 
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:36 AM
  • Hi

Did that work ?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:44 AM
  • Uninstalled bids for 2008 but now cant find the installed ssdt 2010 anywhere (ms no longer provide it as they only support 2 versions (2012/2014).

nightmare!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:53 AM
  • Bids was never launched for 2010.

Reason is, SQL Server reporting services is either 2008 or 2012. So that makes sense why they did not release BIDS for VS 2010.

---------------------------------------

If my answers helped you, kindly mark it as answer. That will close the query and will help someone in future too.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:08 PM
  • Well the requirements for crm report authoring extension 2013 state vs2008 or 2010 (2008=bids, 2010=ssdt). Bids ended at 2008 as far as I'm aware and ssdt took over, no?
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:12 PM
  • Right. I guess there is some confusion with terminology. As business intelligence module still exists under VS 2012.

But thats anyways a different stuff, how far did you get along with issue you are facing for prefiltering

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:22 PM
  • ok got VS 2010 shell installed with SSDT and the latest report authoring extension, still no dice. 

Also changed 'true' to '1' and no joy. 

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Hi

Did you check rdl file on report server, whats the value of parameters QuoteFilter

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:03 PM
  • Ok i had the same issue, so built new report with exactly the same parameters and hey presto it works, the report must have had something wrong with it and starting again worked fine.
    • Marked as answer by duddit2 Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:05 PM