Error after Publish Web Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a .NET 3.5 C# solution hosting Silverlight 3 UI Pages, and using LINQ. This also has the 'Use Dynamic Port = false' set in the Properties of the Web Site with a Port of 3465.

My issue is; that after I publish the site to the Dev Server I cannot login to the site unless my local VS.NET server is running in the tray. The error thrown is:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2)
    Timestamp: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:04:26 UTC

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details.   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
       at DynamicMerchandisingTool.Silverilght.Data.AuthenticateUserCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
       at DynamicMerchandisingTool.Silverilght.Model.Login.AuthenticateUserCompleted(Object sender, AuthenticateUserCompletedEventArgs e)
       at DynamicMerchandisingTool.Silverilght.Data.SilverlightServiceClient.OnAuthenticateUserCompleted(Object state)
    Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://dmt/DynamicMerchandisingTool.SilverilghtTestPage.html

1) I am using IE 8 so why does it say "User Agent: Mozilla/4.0"?

2) Why is it failing to authenticate user? Is using a specific port a problem?

• Moved by SamAgain Friday, April 2, 2010 2:24 AM (From:Common Language Runtime)
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 6:08 PM

Answers