Major bug????? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I downloaded and tried SyncToy and it has a major bug. I have two folder with files where the files are the same name, same date and time but SyncToy says they have different time stamps on them. I have a screen shot showing the problem but cannot figure out how to upload images. I have a screen shot here:

http://msprygada.smugmug.com/Photography/DPreview-D70-Forum/2009-10-25230811/692803700_WKwzY-X3.png

Monday, October 26, 2009 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi -
    I am guessing oen of your two folders is on a FAT formatted drive. The problem happens because of a displayissue - the times are stored in UTC in NTFS and LocalTime on FAT. If you let the sync happen once - you will that SyncToy will detect these as the same files the next time. Our next release should fix this issue.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:02 PM
  • Hi -
    I am guessing oen of your two folders is on a FAT formatted drive. The problem happens because of a displayissue - the times are stored in UTC in NTFS and LocalTime on FAT. If you let the sync happen once - you will that SyncToy will detect these as the same files the next time. Our next release should fix this issue.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    No, the source drive is my Windows 7 64 bit drive and I just checked the target drive and it is NTFS as well.

Matt
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:23 AM