Mesh Folder in Device RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I try to mesh folders to my device, it can only let me choose device or memory card. Can you make it flexible to let me choose detail folder under device and memory card?
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:14 AM

All replies

• When you are presented with a folder that is available in your Mesh to sync with the mobile device, you have two menu options:
    Sync Folder With Mobile - creates a new folder on the device. As you noted, you can choose memory or card, no detail. It creates "Live Folder\%meshed folder% in that location

If you initiate the Mesh process from the phone, you can select any folder.

It would be great if you added this as a suggestion on Connect for Mobile Live Mesh.
    See the post in tha announcements for how to access Connect, ignore the log submission as you are filing a suggestion. The post is called - Collecting Live Mesh for Mobile Logs

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:57 PM
  • Hi,

A quick addition to Steve's post: once you've opened your suggestion feedback item through Connect, it could be helpful to add the feedback ID to our Suggestion sticky, so others can vote on it.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:18 PM
  • Stephen Boots said:

When you are presented with a folder that is available in your Mesh to sync with the mobile device, you have two menu options:
    Sync Folder With Mobile - creates a new folder on the device. As you noted, you can choose memory or card, no detail. It creates "Live Folder\%meshed folder% in that location

If you initiate the Mesh process from the phone, you can select any folder.

It would be great if you added this as a suggestion on Connect for Mobile Live Mesh.
    See the post in tha announcements for how to access Connect, ignore the log submission as you are filing a suggestion. The post is called - Collecting Live Mesh for Mobile Logs

-steve

I'm referring to the mesh to device. From device to mesh, I know I can select foler. Anyway, thanks a lot for your response.
    Friday, February 20, 2009 12:52 AM
  • Yes, I knew you were referring to the direction of taking a folder that is already in the Mesh on other devices and pointing it to an existing folder on the mobile device. That already exists for the PCs, hence the reason I asked you to file this as a suggestion on Connect and Ben asked for the feedback item link to be posted here for others to vote on it.
    -steve
    Friday, February 20, 2009 2:05 PM