Cannot Install WindowsXP Service Pack3 RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure if this is a Windows Live Care issue, or what, But when I start my PC, the icon is green. Then when I go online, it turns yellow and wants me to install WindowsXP Service Pack3. The second that I go to Microsoft update website, the icon turns back to green. I have downloaded WindowsXP Service Pack3, but when I try to install it, I get about half way through the installation process and get an error message: Access denied. I do have automactic updates activated on my PC. Should I be concerned? Would the process of uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Live care help? I just purchased Windows Live care in the past month. I had the trial version and had no problems with it. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:36 PM

Answers

• It is only a OneCare issue in that it wants you to have all critical/important updates available, which SP3 is. To get help with installing SP3, visit the XP Solution Center - 

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1173#tab2

Support for SP3 issues is available free of charge from Microsoft, via the information found at the above link.

-steve

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:07 PM

All replies

• It is only a OneCare issue in that it wants you to have all critical/important updates available, which SP3 is. To get help with installing SP3, visit the XP Solution Center - 

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1173#tab2

Support for SP3 issues is available free of charge from Microsoft, via the information found at the above link.

-steve

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:07 PM
  • If you visit the link in Steve's post above yours you can get help with SP3 installation and compatibility issues.

Sunday, June 29, 2008 3:00 PM
  • not knowing the type of computer you have but HP computer require and update from HP prior to SP3 updates. Check HP updates

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:45 PM